February is National Children’s Dental Health Month
Children's Dental Health
Everyday we should be caring for our children teeth. Preventing cavities in children starts at home. As soon as a baby is in utero tooth develops starts. Here our some tips on helping your child to have a healthy smile.
Tips for Healthy Smile
• You must ensure to wipe your baby’s gums after each meal.
• Avoid putting babies to bed with a bottle.
• Remember to brush your child’s teeth and tongue twice daily. (consult dentist prior to use of fluoride toothpaste).
• Limit drinks and food with added sugars for children.
• Schedule your child’s first dental visit, when teeth appear.
Healthy Food Choices
Your child’s diet is very important for developing and maintaining strong and healthy teeth.
• It is helpful to include good sources of calcium (yogurt, broccoli, and milk) to your child’s diet to help build strong teeth.
• Eat fruits and vegetables for snacks rather than candies and cookies.
• Drink more water, no soda.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR CHILDS DENTAL HEALTH PLEASE REACH OUT.